When considering your business and position:
- Why are you here?
- How do you contribute to the organisation?
- Are you leading as a manager?
- Can you directly relate your involvement to the success of the organisation?
- Do you continue to do the same thing and hope for better results?
When considering yourself:
- Are you looking around the corner?
- Has complacency set in?
- Are you business arrogant – You can’t do any better because you are the best?
- Are you business ignorant – You are doing as well as possible?
- Are you in business denial – Taking a defensive position rather than an offensive one?
Do you Ensure and Encourage:
- Strong relationships
- Clear communication
- People have what they need to be successful
- Personal and professional growth
- Systems to recognise achievements/performances
- Positive culture
- Ownership of issues
- Tolerance of mistakes and learning from them
- Focused and humble approach to business
When considering your people:
- Are you removing the barriers that are preventing them from being successful?
- Are you setting the standard?
- Are you getting the right people into your organisation?
- Are you listening to your team?
- Do you have the most relevant people on your biggest opportunities?